Come along with me...

Put on your gloves and grab your shovel or basket as we take this journey of gardening from seeds to food on the table together.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

My tomatoes are growing!!

Here's a couple of photos of our first cherry tomatoes!  I bought the plants from Home Depot just a few inches high.  Now these plants are actually taller than the tomato frame it's in.  


My husband was grilling burgers last night and although I was gathering Basil for dinner, and doing a bit of weeding, HE'S the one who noticed the baby tomatoes!  

Have I mentioned lately that I love my husband!!





The landscapers came by while I was out in the yard the other day and after talking for a few minutes they came and checked out my garden!  They were trimming trees, raking leaves and bagging the clippings up to haul away, so I asked for a few bags.  They left me four bags of leaves and even brought them close to my garden while I was out running errands!

I'm adding some to my compost, and some to the area around my garden where there is still grass!

One of the guys has his own garden and he told me how to transplant banana plants.  So I'll keep you up to date on the status of that!!  I would love some fruit in the yard.  Although I've heard it takes over a year to bear fruit, he said after he transplanted his he had fruit within 6 months!

I love the kindness of strangers!  


No comments:

Post a Comment