Come along with me...

Put on your gloves and grab your shovel or basket as we take this journey of gardening from seeds to food on the table together.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Family Day in the Garden

I don't have a lot of pics today.  But before I publish this, I'll take a few pics of the finished job.

My husband is home now, and so the whole family (including the two dogs) were out in the garden with me today!  We weeded, watered and transplanted a few plants.  This is the first time my hubby has been able to give input on the garden since he's been underway with the Navy ship he's attached to.  He has lots of great ideas, but he's more used to large farms, not so much, small yard gardens.

 
I planted from seed a couple of broccoli and we transplanted 2 Roma tomatoes, 1 Cherry tomato, 5 garlic bulbs, 1 jalapeno pepper, 2 sunflowers, and 5 basil, (1 is really tall, and full of flowers - I just bought it from the BX at Andersen AFB).


This basil is taller than my tomatoes!

Yesterday I moved a few of the pumpkins from the first hill since they were getting too crowded.  Lots of pumpkin flowers are blooming now!


I hope you're enjoying the summertime with your family and you are able to make working in the garden a joy that you can all enjoy and look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment