Come along with me...

Put on your gloves and grab your shovel or basket as we take this journey of gardening from seeds to food on the table together.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sunburn, Soil, and Muffins!

Yesterday I was able to make some serious progress in my garden.

It took several hours, hence the sunburn, but I was able to transplant 2 more hills of pumpkins and 1 hill of watermelon with sprinkles of radishes, sunflowers, marigolds, dill and nasturtiums.  I planted a variety of colors of the marigolds and the nasturtiums to brighten the overall look.  With my Golden Trumpet bush on one end I will have a wonderful bounty of yellow, orange, red, and green!  I can't wait to see some colors popping up!


This Golden Trumpet lost it's flowers.


Here's the bloom from one of the other 5 Golden Trumpets I now have in my yard.


Pumpkin planting in progress!  I was so ridiculously dirty when I was done!  I used 3 bags of topsoil, 1 bag of chicken manure and 1/2 a bag of cedar mulch AND I moved over 3 wheel barrels of grass and weeds.




My daughter painted this plant marker for me!  She did such a great job!


And because I'm so excited about my pumpkins, I decided to make these awesome Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins from Jillian Michaels' book "The Master your Metabolism Cookbook"  (Page 64).  They turned out soo good!  If you aren't familiar with this cook book or the main book "Master your Metabolism" please check it out from your local library, or look up a few tasty recipes online. Like this one HERE!  I can't rave about these books enough!!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment